Download the Dream Big "Marathon" guide to start today!
RUN! 26 MILES
- Check with your doctor first to make sure you’re healthy and then get moving!
- Always run with a buddy, parent or adult.
- Try running around a track. Find out how many laps equal one mile.
- Stretch before and after each run.
- Find a local road race and join in. It’s more fun to run with lots of people!
READ! 26 BOOKS
- For ideas on great books for any age or interest go to: Scholastic.com.
- Just learning to read? Have an adult read to you.
- Reading chapter books? Aim for 10 pages a day or about 70 pages a week.
- Ask your friends, teachers and parents for book recommendations.
- Ask a librarian to recommend popular book series to read. If you like the first one, there are more to enjoy!
REACH OUT! 26 ACTS OF BIG-HEARTED KINDNESS
For a list of creative acts of kindness, check out The Joseph Middlemiss Big Heart Foundation at JMBigHeart.org.
- Start at home! What kind thing can you do for your family today? These should be kind acts above and beyond your normal chores.
- Think about your school. Who needs a friend? How can you be helpful to your teacher or principal?
- Love animals? Find an animal shelter that needs a helping hand.
- How can you help your neighborhood or town?